I’ll admit, I love a good hashtag (yes, back in the day it was a pound sign!). There’s something humorous about squishing words and statements together to make a point… if to humor no one else but yourself!
Today is the Autumnal Equinox, also known as Mabon, where day and night are equal, the sign of the Second Harvest, and we reap what we have sown. We hear so much about balance and gratitude during this season, and for good reason: it’s an invitation to acknowledge and honor what we truly have.
At Mabon I take time to journal about gratitude, taking a full page (or more) to just be present with my bounty. Today I took time to sit with the Earth, barefoot upon the ground, which had an interesting rhythm of dry and lush grass. We are so desperate for rain in New England. I chanted upon the ground, allowing the soles of my feet to flow the energy I was generating into Mother Earth and my offering for Her bounty. I spoke to Her of gratitude and was present with another turn of the Wheel. Here we are again, approaching my favorite time of year. While the Sun felt in opposition to the crispness of what this season brings, I know it won’t be long until apple cider makes its way into my fridge, mmm!
I wanted to honor this season as well as generate shift for what I am working towards in the coming year. And because I love hashtags, I thought it would be fun to work through a visual hashtagging of documenting 100 Days of Ritual. What does this look like?
- Being present in the every day.
- Looking for magick in the every day.
- Recognize that ritual consists of more than casting circles and sitting before your altar: it’s in the magick you create daily. This isn’t to take away value from circles, because they are phenomenal. This is a shift in perspective to create a dynamic shift.
- Taking pictures of these moments, shifting mental perspective by introducing more visual stimulation of what you want to see. (We’ll be flooded with plenty of memes about everyone’s political opinions well into the election — why not create what you want to see?)
- Honoring that your definition of “ritual” is what is magickal, heart-warming, and spiritually medicinal to you.
I’m choosing today, the Equinox, to start as 100 days from now it will be December 30th. It gives me the next day to proceed with reflection of what these 100 days brought while allowing me time for my personal New Year’s Eve practice. It will also offer me the opportunity to create, as the artist of my life, how I wish to complete this calendar year, and I want it to be FUN!
What might my 100 days look like? Probably…
- My Goddess statues that I’m working with.
- Fun farm foods (seriously, last year I got a potato in the shape of a heart, how cool is that?!)
- Whatever I’m knitting or crocheting. Yarn is always cast on something in this house.
- My daughter (aka my Pumpkin ), because she’s awesome.
- Hopefully adult libations because I do appreciate a great pomegranate martini!
- And anything that becomes my ritual for that day.
Want to follow along? I’ll be posting on Instagram, my Facebook page, and Twitter. Want to join? Create ritual, get snapping, and then hashtag #100daysofritual! Remember to be present and love the mindfulness of your ritual, however it manifests for you.